In God's house you are welcome just as you are, the door is always open. So lay your burdens down and rest.
You are most welcome here.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dwelling.

Where are you dwelling?

Do you dwell on the mistakes, the missed opportunities? The things you could have, should have done better?

Will you move from this place with me? Will you move to a better one? A place of rest and peace, of communion with God?

One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life. -Psalm 27:4

To dwell in the house of the Lord.

Dwell
. Not a fleeting visit when life gets hard.

The phrase 'may dwell' has been translated in different bible versions as may remain, may live, may have a place.

Oh to live with God! To have a place in his house! To meet him at mealtimes, in passing as we go about our days, to meet together, to grow close, to be an intimate member of God's family.

And this is not a temporary thing. This is forever!

Don't our hearts cry out for this, just as David's did?

I know mine is.

Will you join me? Will you come a live in God's house?

Will you come and live?

No comments:

Post a Comment